- If you had to choose only one pursuit, one lifelong-devotion, for the rest of your days, Pleasing God or Trusting God, which would you choose?
- In a place called the Room of Good Intentions we all wear masks because we are required to please. Masks that hide the pain, the guilt and shame. Masks that pretend. Masks that judge. The world says we are supposed to be better than we are and we should not disappoint, so we are and we do not. What happens when our masks receive all the attention, love and praise from friends, family, community, God but we never do?
- In a place called the Room of Grace we are all sinners where we are invited to trust. There is still fear and pretense, but there is also love and laughter and freedom. There are no masks, just weary, hopeful people. The world does not understand because it does not understand sin. We do not understand because we argue against grace. What is the risk of not wearing a mask? What is the benefit?
Do you Agree or Disagree with the following?
- This life in Christ is not about what I can do to make myself worthy of His acceptance, but about daily trusting what He has done to make me worthy of His acceptance.
- If I follow the first path, I’m trying to change from who I was into who I should be. If I follow the second, I’m maturing into who I already am.
Read 2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ What are the implications of believing this?
Read Galatians 5:1 ~ What are the implications of believing this?